Roon Server Connection Lost + Qobuz and Tidal Access Issues

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK / NUC8i3 / Serial #1C697A03FBE1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Fritz 3272 modem-router … the Fritz is one of the best available, all other equipment are connected without any problem… the NUC is connected via LAN Cat6.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Ciao,

After the last software update I’m facing random problems of:

• Roon server connection lost (message on my iPad )… turn off/on iPad fix it till next time
  • access lost to Qobuz and, less frequent, Tidal… I have to type in again the password to reconnect

All my devices are updated at the very last available update… problems above don’t occur frequently… but in the past I never had to re-type or on/off anything … everything was rock solid.

Just to inform you that there could be something wrong somewhere (I don’t think in my system)
All suggestion are, as usual, very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Paolo

Hello @Paolo_C, my apologies for missing your thread here. If you’re having issues with remote connection, our network best practices guide does mention disabling “Software Packet Acceleration” which generally causes issues with remote connection. Could you please give that a try and let me know if it helps? Thanks!

Hello nuwriy,

I’ve checked settings and Fritz firmware version… the very last update, installed, for the 3272 is the version 06.86, no setting/option about software package acceleration

… in the mean time opening Roon interface this morning this is the situation I found (same also surfing Quobuz search page)… selecting an album it pops up with his cover, jumping back to the main page shows all the covers … mah… is it the last update at the tablet or?

Hello @Paolo_C, and thanks for checking that. That setting should be available in Fritz OS 7 or higher. For the images not loading, are you only seeing this on the table or on your other remotes as well? Have you reinstalled the tablet?

If that doesn’t work, we should investigate the network more, starting with getting you to the latest version of Fritz OS.

Ciao Nuwrly,
… as wrote in my previous message the Fritz is a already updated at the very last release available for that model, the 3272… 06.86 is the last one available for my Fritz, no version 7

I don’t use other remotes, I didn’t reinstall Roon on the tablet… re-install Roon in the tablet means I have to set all again from zero or everything will be loaded from Rock? I would like to avoid type all again

Hello @Paolo_C, could you please try clearing your image cache under “Settings>Setup” and see if that helps? Thanks!

Ciao Nuwrly,

ok, I’ll do that and keep you updated about results

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.