Roon Server Crashing on Nucleus when streaming 192 kHz files from Qobuz [Resolved with Roon 1.8 (Build 806)]

Using a Nucleus (not + model). OS is RoonOS 1.0 (build 227) stable. Roon Server software is version 1.8 (build 790) stable.

Nucleus is Ethernet connected to a Netgear Nighthawk router/switch. My streamer DAC is an Ayre QX-5 Twenty. This is connected via Ethernet to the same router/switch.

Roon server crashes intermittently, usually after 10 or 15 minutes into playing high rez (24 bit 192kHz) content from Qobuz.

Since I’m using my IPhone or IPad as the controller, I lose the connection to Roon when this occurs and it takes several minutes to recover and reconnect. It’s really annoying and prevents me from enjoying streaming content at the highest available resolution.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Crashing while playing 192kHz

I hope someone can help on this

Mine now crashed a few times while streaming 24 bit, 96kHz.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Crashes - Help

@support. In case there’s any doubt, this is a problem with the Roon Server software application crashing on Nucleus. I can confirm this by viewing the run time. It’s. Only a minute or so after this crash happens. My network is fine.

Hello @Howada ,

Does the same issue occur when playing local library files of these resolutions? If you don’t have any local library files of this sample rate, you can download a few from the 2L Test Bench (right-click on the file size → save as).

Can you please also note the exact local time + date + track when the issue occurs next? This would be useful in case we need to take a look at logs later on in troubleshooting.

Thanks!

So far, I have not had any crash when playing files of this resolution from my local library. I’m going to test for a longer period of time, but indications are that this problem only occurs when streaming.

Hi @Howada

I ran some diagnostics and confirmed that you’re running into a memory leak that we currently working to resolve. I can’t say for certain when the fix will be available, but we’ll be sure to reach out when we have more information. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @Howada ,

We’ve just released a new version of Roon (Build 806) that contains improvements in this area, can you please try to update to the latest Roon version and let us know if the issue is resolved on your end? Thanks!

Great to see this. I’ve updated to the latest build and I’m now playing a high resolution (192 kHz) playlist to test.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.