Roon Server Crashing (ROCK)

Noris,

I’m back in town. I tried a database reset and I really didn’t see any change in my problems. I’m copying my files onto another external drive with external power (non-usb). I will try using that to see if the WD passport is having some type of power glitch.

Thanks,

Allan

Hello @Allan_Thornton,

Thanks for confirming that the database reset hasn’t helped. I would try the test you mention and use another external drive to see if something is going wrong with the Passport. Please let us know your findings when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Noris,

I switched external hard drives and my problems continued with the ROCK. So I’m giving up on the ROCK for the time being. I had been using other music players when I did not want to deal with the ROCK issues - but that reinforced that I really like the Roon interface.

I moved my Core back to a PC this morning and everything has been working fine for several hours.

I wish that we could have figured this out but I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks for your help.

Allan

Hello @Allan_Thornton,

My sincerest apologies that we could not get the ROCK issues solved.

I am glad that the PC is working fine for Roon, if you ever decide to switch back to ROCK and want to continue troubleshooting the issue just let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks,
Noris