Roon server does not play MP3 and AAC files with Audiolinux

Same here, hence why I’ve stayed out after my earlier endeavours. I stick with Debian based distros now.

@John_Meerman Can I enquire why you chose Audio Linux?

I choose Audiolinux because it offers an all-in-one solution with Roon already pre-installed and I am not familiar with Linux

No, it does not show an srt version number. Meanwhile I have downgrader srt to version 1.4.4-1 and tried to transcode a file with ffmpeg again. Now it seems that I am past the previous errro but get a new one:
“error while loading shared libraries: libSvtAv1Enc.so.0 : cannot open shared object file : no such file or directory”

Very good. It seems you solved this one. However, this is pointing at possibly poor package maintenance. As mentioned, if the ffmpeg package needs version 1.4 of the srt library, then normally the package maintainer would/should configure it so that installing ffmpeg auto-installs srt 1.4.

Very similar, just with a different library that ffmpeg needs.

Either you somehow managed to break your installation and mess up the dependencies in the package management system, or - probably more likely - there was/is a problem in the packages provided by Arch or Audiolinux.

Here is someone who had the same error in summer, occurring after updating the whole install with pacman, which apparently did not complete correctly and did not succeed updating everything to the required versions:

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=277541

Problems with mp3 and aac files solved now. The developer of Audiolinux adviced me, after sending him the comments I got from this support community, to do a full system update with all packages upated.installed. That did the trick. Thank y’all for your time and advice.

3 Likes

Great, enjoy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.