Roon Server does not start automatically after NAS reboot

good news, everyone :slight_smile:
waking on lan today, roon server (beta) came up without manual intervention!

Cheers,
bilbo

1 Like

Hello

I’ve had this problem for a long time. I ran RoonServer on the HDD so it worked.

I have now installed the beta version on the external SSD. Great - after restarting Synology, Roon will now start automatically.

Thank you.

Markus

unfortunately yesterday it did not work and I had to start roon manually.
Today it worked :confused:

so the beta seems to help “often” but not always, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Bilbo

The beta version works perfectly for me now.
With this version, Roon starts automatically in the morning when the NAS starts up.
All other versions hadn’t helped me.

regards,
Markus

Running the beta version Roon Server did not automatically startup last time I rebooted. Roon is installed on USB connected SSD drive and it was mounted when I checked. Manual restated worked just fine.

I am having same issue - need to manually restart Roon after NAS wakes up each morning.- Roon server on external SSD drive (via USB 3) - on Synology DS720+. Might try the beta version of Roon. Curious - can the database be left on the SSD and Roon Server moved to the HDD?

SSD is formatted as ext4.

Installed the beta version. Roon was running after NAS reboot this am. Let’s see.

Seems to be intermittent - two days of auto start after NAS reboot (NAS set to shut-down between 12:00 and 6:00 am). Running beta version on Synology DS720+. Today, had to manually restart Roon.

I have added a command to the task scheduler in DSM. I do get an email each morning, but that the command failed as the path or file name is wrong. I did guess a bit at the command line, which appears below (‘bash …’).

Any thoughts?

from Synology email (the path below is the path to the external SSD drive, ext4 format)

Task: Roon Start

Start time: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 06:01:12 GMT

Stop time: Sat, 03 Oct 2020 06:01:13 GMT

Current status: 0 (Interrupted)

Standard output/error:

bash: /volumeUSB1/usbshare/roon.sh: No such file or directory

Hi. I have this problem with a asustor NAS.
On top of that I sometimes can’t seem to get the server going. I need to reinstall the latest version (there’s no button to ‘start’ the server when it’s stopped.
Any ideas?

anyone? This problem is so frustrating. I’m having to startup my computer, connect to my NAS, re-download the package just to listen to music each day.
Thanks in advance.
Theo

Hi Jim. I’m pretty sure (but sorry if I’m wrong) that you’re using roon server on your computer. I’m talking about using roon on my NAS, which is a separately developed app directly on my asustor NAS.

1 Like

I don’t know a lot about Asustor NAS. Have you tried reaching out to @crieke, who is responsible for these packages and participates in these forums?