Roon server does not start up (on Macbook Air)

Core - Macbook Air 2019, Sonoma 14.5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

BT wifi. No issues, all good.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge Audio MXN10 (Tidal Connect is working).

Description Of Issue

My whole system is good and working fine apart from… Roon

A few days ago, Roon core stopped working. I have taken the following actions:

1. Shut down and then relaunch the app on my Mac.
  2. Restart Mac
  3. Uninstall and then reinstall Roon core

None of the above have helped. All I get when I start Roon is the oscillating Roon logo and the white screen.

Is it the Roon Server that’s not starting or the Roon control app? Do you have the Roon icon for the server in the notification area?

1 Like

(I have a mac so it might be a bit different)
I have an icon, if I click on it it indicates roon server status is running and the ‘Launch at startup’ it ticked.

After some reboot of my macs roon now start up, but somehow I have no trouble to use the roon ready audio device ( I now quit the application and start over…)

It‘s fine, the above screenshot is from a Mac.

Ok, so it’s running. I wanted to establish this beyond doubt because the topic title was specifically „Roon server does not start up“ and there’s difference neuen the server not starting and the control app not starting.

Let us know how this goes and please provide additional details if it doesn’t work

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.