Roon server file for Synology beta version DSM 7.0-41222?

RoonOnNAS – Utilisez votre NAS comme un Roon Core

En bas de page

You can also keep your current database in place. The DSM7 installer will pick it up, if you choose the previously used “RoonServer” shared folder as your database location.

2 Likes

@crieke, many thanks, terrific work. Just curious about when it will be necessary to copy over ffmpeg to the new /bin folder. I just did a clean install under DSM 7, and playback of AAC files works straight away. Could that be because all the endpoints I tested have their own AAC support already, or is Roon simply picking up the OS-level version of ffmpeg which comes with DSM 7?

Normally Roon Server will pick up the OS-level version of ffmpeg. I had noticed on my system, that I was not able to play any AAC files by default. If the endpoints have AAC support should not matter here. (Maybe you had other apps installed, that contained a more comprehensive version of ffmpeg?)

In case you want Roon Server to use your own version of ffmpeg, you’ll need to stop and start Roon Server in the Package center after ffmpeg has been copied to the bin directory.

I will also update the info on the roononnas website to address these options.

My NAS also has the community package version of ffmpeg installed, but Roon kept playing AAC without it. Anyway, good to know the installer provides for a local ffmpeg should it be needed.

After install as it pulled all my music and setting automatically I forgot to do a restore. After a restore everything seems to be working as it should. False alarm and great work.

1 Like

Installed the Roon Server for DSM7 today. Pointed it to my old RoonServer directory that after install shows a RoonOnNas subdirectory. On my RS815+ NAS all seems fine i.e. Roon shows up installed and running.

However on my Win10 PC and Android Phone Roon will no longer successfully connect to the Roon Core. It halts at,

Any suggestion what I might have done wrong or can do to fix this?

I’ve seen this with different cores in the past. In most cases it could be solved by rebooting the Core and remote device.

The new dsm 7 package it’s working very well, but I have a little issue that I noticed, it still requires a manual force scan of the library when adding new albuns.

In DSM 6 after adding a new album roon scanned the folder automatically. Could be a DSM 7 limitation.

mmm, not in my case. Tried,

• rebooting NAS → not working
  • rebooting remote device → not working
  • uninstalling Roon Core, reboot NAS, install Core → not working

In ‘RoonServer_log.txt’ there is a ‘Critical’ event listed

07/28 08:42:13 Critical: scx: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

• at Sooloos.Broker.Music.LibraryApi.Sooloos.Broker.Api.Library.get_Playlists () [0x00000] in <5ece48cf53214b34b20d8f9d428b1ccf>:0 *
  • at Sooloos_Broker_Api_Library_Adapter.Serialize (System.Object obj, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x0002c] in <68250c97138641c7ae4d9fa97d66ad86>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer._PutObject (System.Object o, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Boolean inline) [0x0010b] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer.Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.IRemotingContext.PutObject (System.Object o, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Boolean inline) [0x00000] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos_Broker_Api_Broker_Adapter.Serialize (System.Object obj, System.IO.Stream stream) [0x00265] in <68250c97138641c7ae4d9fa97d66ad86>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer._PutObject (System.Object o, System.IO.Stream stream, System.Boolean inline) [0x0010b] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer+<>c__DisplayClass28_0.b__0 (Base.Result`1[T] result) [0x0002b] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Distributed.ServerConnection.OnGetService (System.Guid guid, Base.ResultCallback`1[T] cb_result) [0x0001e] in <5ece48cf53214b34b20d8f9d428b1ccf>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer.OnGetService (System.Int32 rid, System.Byte[] body) [0x0001f] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.Broker.Remoting.RemotingServer+<>c__DisplayClass22_0.b__0 () [0x00011] in <3c153672c34a4191ac0cb54910d2f09c>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.b__0 (System.Object _) [0x00000] in <5c9a320b13194534a515c0c5861f65bd>:0 *
  • at Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread._Dispatch (Sooloos.SynchronizationContextThread+SendOrPostWrapper& ret) [0x00012] in <5c9a320b13194534a515c0c5861f65bd>:0*

6 posts were split to a new topic: DSM7 - can’t enable Audio device

I kinda solved my installation issues by not using my existing RoonServer directory.
[edit: strangely my Roon library seems ok?]

1 Like

Hi @Ricardo_Ramos,
This is something I am currently looking into…

2 Likes

Synology 718+ with Roon on a seperate SSD. Can’t change local user to system internal user. Change isn’t kept.

Found a solution😀

I have installed the new beta version without issue other than permissions to run the backup. Once I had changed these the restore worked. Thanks for this work - many items 3rd party apps were broken by the new DSM so its great to have Roon working.

Help Please! First of all, many thanks to the developer for working on the Synology DSM package – I really appreciate it. However, once installed (pointing to the previous database from DSM6 on my NAS drive) and running the server, I encounter the following issue:

1. The Roon app recognizes my Roon core, and offers to connect. I proceed;
  2. I am requested to log in. I do that; the you are already signed in page appears and I “go back” to use the previously set up core;
  3. the Roon search sign appears and continues to appear for a very long time. After around 10min, the message “there was an issue loading your database” appears.
    Anybody knows what to do? All permission should be set correctly. Thanks, guys

Hi Jan,
sorry for the trouble. I am trying to understand what is happening here.
I guess you pointed the installer to the shared folder “RoonServer” then (as this is the one, that was used for DSM6 installs).

Please try to enter your credentials here, and proceed by selecting the unauthorised button which is on the next screen next to your NAS.
The folder structure in DSM7 has changed a little bit, which also involves a different location, where your Roon id is stored. So, Roon might ask you to sign in again once. Authorizing a device to be the Roon core is a non-destructive process and you can perform it as often as want without loosing your autorization. But I understand, that it seems weird, because you’ll deauthorize the diskstation, in order to authorize it again…

Hi crieke, THANK YOU so much for taking the time to reply. This one did the trick:

All which was needed while setting up was to de-authorize my core, and once I did that my library appeared.

I very much appreciate the work you put into this. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Hi again, sorry but another issue came up. Since I upgraded from Synology DSM6 to DSM7, Roon does not recognize my locally connected audio devices on my PC such as sound card and a USB connected DAC. The audio devices work fine with the PC, so there must be some issue between Roon and the PC preventing the former to communicate with the latter.
So far I did the following:

1. Disabled windows firewall → same issue (and Roon/Raats was permitted anyway from the previous installation)
  2. Renamed the Raats folder to Raats_old (I found this advice here in the forum) → Same issue
  3. Reinstalled the Roon Windows app, just in case → same issue.

I checked and Roon does not have any local audio devices on my Mac as well, so I begin to think it has to do with the migration to DSM7. Anybody else having this? Thanks

Just noting (for @crieke and others who might want to respond to your post) that you have opened a Support request with this issue.

Roon does not see any local audio devices - Support - Roon Labs Community

Any responses are best placed in the Support request thread, rather than here - let’s keep everything together for future ease of reference…