Roon Server has a problem finding music files on smb share from synology

I have no problem with 5.4.0-42-generic on my NUC6i5SYB, so it may be that it’s an interaction between kernel and specific hardware/BIOS.

1 Like

I had the same problem with Ubuntu Server 20.04.1 LTS which I downloaded and installed today (Kernel 5.4.something). This is running in a Hyper-V VM on Windows Server 2019 Standard.

Based on this thread, I grabbed Ubuntu Server 20.10 (kernel 5.8.0-31-generic) instead and it works fine.

1 Like

Lately had simmilar issue after migration to ubuntu-20.04.2 (ubuntu server).
Although Library got scanned and visible in Roon , the Scanning of Library never finished. Roonserver log had exceptions with inotify watchers immediately after start of Roonserver.

I have been thinking about best way to upgrade kernel as the machine is running several VMs and services.
Found this to be probably the best approach: Kernel/LTSEnablementStack - Ubuntu Wiki
Basically under root execute apt install --install-recommends linux-generic-hwe-20.04 and then reboot. Works like charm! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.