Roon server has stopped running on my QNAP NAS

Roon Core Machine

I’m afraid i know nothing about computers…no idea…its just a QNAP NAS TS-x53D 16GB RAM(i think)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Sky router connected to my iMac and NAS by ethernet cable.

Connected Audio Devices

Roon was able to play on my iMac and on my Devialet phantom1 gold opera de paris speakers via wifi and a magic lan thing.

Number of Tracks in Library

very small library. maybe 30 albums and a selection of various music. could never sync my iTunes so just use my Tidal.

Description of Issue

Unfortunately i don’t have a clue how to use my machine or computer at all. When i bought the NAS drive i expected it to be the same as a laptop and i could just click and play things…how wrong i was…i had to pay someone to come round after i turned it on to put Roon and plex on it so i could watch my movies on my lounge tv and listen to music on my lounge speakers.
I went to the Roon page on my NAS and it says in the box in red letters ‘STOPPED’
I don’t have any clue how to start it. My iMac says Remote connection, waiting for Roon core…
Thats all i’ve got…i’m completely stuck…and i don’t understand computer speak etc, so even reading through the same or similar issues i see other people have had i still don’t know what to do.
Can anyone help a total novice to start it up again???
Thank you in advance!!!

Which version of Roon and QNAP are you running? You can find itif you click on the three dots at the topof the page and then select About:

1 Like

Your Roon library track count should also include all Tidal tracks you have added to it.

Hi,
Its showing me:
TS-453D
Disks installed:4
Version 4.5.4.1741 (2021/07/26)
Used: 562.92GB
Available: 8.38TB

I do have a notification that an update is available but i am very unsure about doing it as it says i have to install it after, which i have no clue about.

Hi,
Yes i have all of my tidal tracks…i just have no idea how to sync it up with my iTunes library.

Unfortunately I believe roon will not sync with iTunes. It is limited to Tidal and Quobuz as well as local files.

I recommend you upgrade the QNAP first. Once the base OS is up to date fixing roon will be ideal. If we fix Roon then update, I believe there are dependencies that will break requiring Roon be updated again. So update the OS first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.