Roon Server no longer visible to any clients since upgrade

Roon Core Machine

Linux nucular 5.13.0-40-lowlatency #45~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 4 10:36:30 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Running on Intel NUC 8th Generation i5:

• 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8259U processor
  • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655
  • Dual channel DDR4 2400 SODIMM 32GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NetGear R7800 head-end connected by ethernet to whatever garbage modem FIOS uses this year. Connects all wireless clients.
NetGear R7100 by TV set / NUC in bridging mode, no wireless clients, ethernet to NUC.

Connected Audio Devices

NUC is connected to USB DAC (Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital) which is connected by audio cable to Primaluna EVO 400 amp to Wharfedale Linton Anniversary speakers.
I also have two pairs of Sonos Play:1 Speakers as alternative (wireless) outputs.

Number of Tracks in Library

60,000 tracks.

Description of Issue

Since the last update, my Roon NUC is broken to the point of uselessness. It’s on the network, I can SSH to the box from the devices that should be able to connect, I can see RoonServer running, I look at the ports locally, but it’s not LISTENing where I’d expect (of course not much is how I expect with fscking systemd). No firewalls running, nothing else changed other the than the Roon upgrade.

So I tried almost EVERYTHING. For two days. Updated all Linux software, verified all connectivity, updated both routers, checked for port forwarding and multicast support both in config and kernel support (I’m using low latency Linux) ran netcat to verify port access, moved /opt/Roonserver to /tmp/fscked, rebooted, went to reinstall the RoonServer, and…

There is no Linux Roon Server. It has “301 Moved Permanently” and no versions of the installer script can find it. There are posts suggesting the last version had serious problems, but there seems no way to fix if your target is Linux x64 RoonServer.

Are you Nucleus only now? I’ve installed some crap old software on the system so I have music again, but it’s even worse than the stability of recent Roon (which has frankly been poor for a while).

I need a stable server - all the pretty indexing in the world won’t fix an inability to play the music.

@Gordon_Hundley not sure if you are having the same problem myself and another user had. But check out this thread.

For some reason I can only get core to be recognized by manually starting server.

This topic was automatically closed after 36 days. New replies are no longer allowed.