Roon Server not booting after update on NUC 1.0.221 [resolved]

After today’s update (6:30pm PST) my Roon Rock NUC will not boot. And therefore Roon Remote cannot see the Roon Server.
The issue happens everytime. I have even tried to recover from a previous install. But the moment Roon Remote prompted me to upgrade the server to the latest update the NUC became a brick again.

NUC8i5BEH

None of my remotes can connect to it iPad, Macbook, iphone because the ROON Server is not booting.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Trouble with NUC8i7BEH after latest update

I have been using ROON for a couple of years now (started using it on a PC).

Been using the NUC since May 2020 and had no issues until today’s update. The latest update seems to be incompatible with the Intel NUC.

Appreciate the feedback on the BIOS update.

Hello @midicun,

Can you describe hardware specs of your Nuc ( including SSD make / model) and BIOS version ?

A post was split to a new topic: Updated today NUC 7i7BNH and can’t connect any longer

I’m using a NUC7i7BNH and had no problems at all which suggests it must be something to do with differing BIOS or other hardware variations or something else to do with the prior state of the machine.

Not sure I want to try the update again although I suppose it wasn’t that difficult to get it working again.

1. Intel NUC 8 Mainstream Kit (NUC8i5BEH) - Core i5
    BIOS BECFL357.86A.0078
  2. Transcend 256GB Nvme PCIe Gen3 X4 MTE110S M.2 SSD Solid State Drive TS256GMTE110S
  3. Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A

Hi @midicun,

If you do try the update again, can you try downloading the latest build of ROCK from our website and run the recovery procedure from that version? After doing so are you able to successfully run ROCK on the new version?

Thanks!

" If you do try the update again, can you try downloading the latest build of ROCK from our website and run the recovery procedure from that version? After doing so are you able to successfully run ROCK on the new version?"

I’ve tried the update again using the latest build of ROCK and run the recovery procedure. Went to update to 221 and still have the same problem. Have reverted to Build 219 which works fine.