Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-link 8 port
Google Nest Wi-fi

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek Brooklyn DAC+
USB running from RoonBridge on a Windows 10 PC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roonserver isn’t loading on the Windows machine, has been running problem free on this machine since first purchased 4 years ago.
Reinstalled Roon software, ran fine for a few days, and then Windows was updated and same problem resurfaced. The new install seemed to overwrite my Roon database and lost previous information.
I’ve uploaded the Roon log files with the name Logs [moderated - email removed] appended with my email address

First I would suggest you edit away your email…the bots will have it no time

You do understand that roon server has no GUI… so you actually need to run roon as a a remote to access the server component

So did you install the full Roon package instead of reinstalling Roon Server? It sounds as though you are now using the Core in the new Roon installation, rather than connecting to the Core in the Roon Server.

Do you suggest to reinstall roon server only?

Your original post spoke of “Roonserver” so I assumed that was what you had installed - or did you mean simply “Roon”? I’m confused.

Hey @Baldur_Johnsen,

Ben with the support team here, I wanted to first and foremost welcome you to the community! We’re happy to have you here, although I do apologize it was an issue that prompted your first post.

I wanted to check in on your status, and if you were still having issues getting Roon up and running properly. From reviewing your account, it looks like your Windows 10 core is online and active - I’m hoping you’ve been able to get back to your music since creating this post. :crossed_fingers:

@Geoff_Coupe does make a good point, and based on your account info it appears you’re currently running the headless version of Roon, Roon Server. Do you typically navigate around in Roon from a different remote device?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.