Roon server not pulling Tidal album covers to Core (Client)

Core Machine
Win 10/i5 8600k/SSD/16GB RAM/Roon build number: 1.7 build 528 stable 64 bit

Network Details
Nighthawk D7000 router/CAT6 cabling/wired connection

Audio Devices
USB from Matrix XSPID2 into Airist R2R DAC into Masddrop 789 amp

Description Of Issue
Roon server not pulling Tidal album covers to Core (Client)

Hi @Ninja_Theory,

Is this happening on all remotes or just one?

If you go to Settings > Setup and choose the clear image cache option is there any change?

1 Like

Thanks Dylan. I fired up Roon after work today and images were there. Not sure if they needed time to cache or something after I switched my Core from PC to server. All good now and working great !

1 Like

Hi @Ninja_Theory,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

1 Like

Thanks Dylan. This fixed it 100% :smiley: Edit: I didn’t mention that it happened the next day. Clearing cache was the real fix.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @Ninja_Theory,

Per your PM I’ve re-opened this thread. Since the issue has returned even after the image cache was cleared, let’s try clearing the entire cache (including TIDAL content).

• Close Roon on the Core
  • Find and open your Roon database
  • Navigate to Roon/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon and verify if the issue still occurs

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks dylan. I did that now, artwork still not showing.

Rebooted my PC shortly after the above screenshot, then artwork appeared again. Not sure if it’s random or fixed. Will test more tomorrow.

Thanks for the update, @Ninja_Theory.

If this happens again can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link? We’ll take a look and see if we can find anything specific about what’s going on in the logs.

1 Like

Thanks Dylan. Will do. Loaded Roon today and cover art is showing again :sweat_smile:

1 Like