Roon Server on my Synology

@Rugby
Yes, I realised it after I set up a Roon Server on a windows machine: The local path is adjusted according to the operating system of the server. :slight_smile:

@fore
On the download page of the package are all required instructions.

Crieke, I didnā€™t see the specific Roon app. So that is the problem.

I tried following your guide, but when I try to dl Synology x64 NAS (spk) from the website, it takes me to your page: http://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_Server_on_NAS

So not sure why this isnā€™t dlā€™ing

@fore
please check your private messages.

Score! Wow, what an ordeal. Iā€™m using Chrome btw that wouldnā€™t open that link.

Thanks Crieke and the team!
Chris

Great to hear that it is working now. :thumbsup:

And sorry for the back and forth before!

What was the resolution so others who read the thread might understand.

I send him the direct link to the package and to the instructions as a private message. I try to avoid to post the direct link to the package here due to the missing instructions.
The links might also not work in the future if there might be an update to a version 1.1 someday.

I am still trying to reproduce the issue why the download of the package did not work. I tested already various browsers on different operating systems without any problems.

If you mean display resolution? Itā€™s 1440x900 on Maverick OS 2008 MBP.

No, I meant ā€œwhat finally corrected the issue you were havingā€, as in resolution to your problem.

I see. The issue was I had thought Iā€™d installed Roon Server on the Synology but I hadnā€™t. So as soon as you sent me the link on that file, it was simple and it accepted /volume/MUSIC finally.

Just when I thought Iā€™m getting the hang of things, I do stupid things like this still lol

Thanks for all the help all

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Thinking about upgrading to a Synology NAS