Roon server on QNAP is no longer playing Tidal music

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
QNAP Silent NAS.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet thought TP link Archer AX20, WiFi 6 router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Naim Uniti Nova, Ethernet connected

Description Of Issue
Normally the Roon can support from my music server installed inside my QNAP NAS and play songs from Tidal so well. But these few days the Roon app did not respond to tidal mode at all.

It said no song is playing even though I can still select album and songs from Tidal by mean of using my iPad installed with Roon remote. I had removed the old Roon server installed inside the QNAP and reinstalled a new one for several times and reboot the QNAP NAS but it seem just not working!

Please instruct me if there is any other way to get through this problem.

Thanks
Rick Lam

Hi @Lam_Rick — Sorry for the trouble here!

Can you share a screenshot of the error you’re seeing when you try to play TIDAL content?

If you sign out of TIDAL in Roon and then sign back in is there any change?

Thanks for your concern,
I had been sign out the tidal and re-sing in again but It didn’t work, as I can see the app seem to function normally only refuse to play or just idled as long as it take,

Ive had tidal get messed up on bad DNS settings. Maybe post what your network setting for the NAS are and if you are using DHCP server on the router then perhaps the DHCP DNS settings.

Hi Mr fix it,
Here is some photos of my Qnap setting.hopefully this can solve my problem

Hi @Lam_Rick,

Thanks for those screenshots, it looks like the QNAP is getting the DNS information from the router. How do you have your router DNS servers configured, are you using Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS?

What happens if you try to reinstall Roon on the QNAP? You can do this by creating a Backup of your Roon database and then changing the Roon database location via the QNAP web interface.

You should also be aware that the CPU you are using does not meet our Minimum Requirements. Its probably not the source of the TIDAL issue, but if you have a large Roon library, then general instability is possible due to the under-spec’d Core.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: QNAP + TIDAL Issue

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.