Roon Server on ROCK NUC 7i Restarting constantly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC7i BNH with RoonOS running Roon 1.6 Build 401

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet to direct to switch - D Link

Audio Devices (Specify connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Naim Uniti Atom, Sonore MicroRendu, Lumni U1 Mini, HDMI out to Arcam AV amp, Various Airplay and Chromecast Devices

Description Of Issue

Since upgrading to the latest build, I have been having stability issues - the NUC is running hot and the roon server is restarting every 2-3 minutes. I have reset databases, but problem persists.

Maybe the fan is clogged and it’s overheating…suggest you either disassemble it to blow it out or try with some compressed air (canned air) and see how that goes. Turn it off first and take it outside.

If the Nuc is new then maybe it is still importing your music and analyzing the audio, in which case have a fan blowing on it till it’s done with all the housekeeping.

Hello @Johan_Khoo,

Thanks for contacting us regarding this issue. Can you please provide some more information here?

• Did this issue immediately start occurring after upgrading to the latest build or was the ROCK running as expected on the new build for a while before this behavior was experienced?

• Where is your Library stored, do you have it saved on a NAS, USB drive or on the ROCK itself?

• Were you copying or transferring files over immediately after the latest build was installed?

• What is the Roon Remote that you are using to control the ROCK, please specify the model/manufacturer.

I have also gone ahead and enabled diagnostics mode for your account and what this action will do is next time your Core is active, a set of logs will automatically be generated and uploaded to our servers for analysis.

Thanks,
Noris

1. Seems to have started soon after updating to Build 401. But suddenly, seems stable again.
  2. Library is on local storage on the ROCK NUC, as well as on a USB drive connected to it. I also have it pointed to a couple of NAS drives.
  3. No.
  4. iOS on iPhone, iPad as well as Android and also from a Macbook - all exhibited the same issues.

Hello @Johan_Khoo,

Thanks for letting me know that things have stabilized. If this issue occurs again please do let us know and we can take another look.

Thanks,
Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.