Roon Server Problems [Confirmed by Roon Team - Resolved]

Continuing the discussion from Roon very slow, searches failing, loading home and albums failing frequently:

Same here ever since the last update.it’s terrible.
very slow, images not loading and crashing all together. I’m using an Antipodes K50 music server. Before the update it worked flawlessly

1 Like

Still some hick-ups

Anyone care to guess what happened here? Why did the radio stop suddenly?

Have the same problem. Roon Radio was working and then stopped. Doesn’t matter what tracks I put in the queue Roon Radio can’t find anything similar to play, regardless of genre and if restricted to just my library. Rebooted several times but no luck. I assume the selection algorithm is using some local cache file and it is either corrupt or has data that causes the algorithm to get deadlocked in some way. It would be nice to know if there is something that can be done to reset it…

Confirmed, better but still stumbling some…

A post was split to a new topic: Background analysis keeps stopping

Sod’s law this would happen on a Friday. Cheers for whatever efforts you’re all putting in. It does seem better.

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11
Ryzen 7
64GB DDR4
Nmve
1080ti

Networking Gear & Setup Details

DSL -
c40Mbps down
c10Mbps up

Connection over 5GHz wiifii

Connected Audio Devices

USB
Roopie

Number of Tracks in Library

No idea how to tell, no loads.

Description of Issue

Roon core in the past week or two has become very troublesome, searches fail most of the time stating “there was a problem with your search”. This is for bands that are on there and I listen to, e.g. Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation etc.

It can also fail to load the homepage properly, just sitting on the roon logo animation which shows when it’s loading. It can also do the same when just trying to load an album.

It’s basically making Roon barely functional.

I’ve cleared the cache, restarted rig and roon multiple times.

Net is not the best, with about 40Mbps down but certainly not a problem when using Tidal and Qobuz individually.

I’ve not tried a complete reinstall yet, would this be the next logical step?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

There will be some continued hiccups as everything stabilizes. Keep in mind that there are 10s of thousands of cores that haven’t been able to fetch metadata for a large part of the day so they’re all waking up and hammering the service at the same time. We have the capacity to handle that but there will be some spikes where things get sluggish.

We’re continuing work to make sure that everything is stable for the weekend. You may notice some intermittent issues with Roon radio and the discovery (new releases for you and that kind of stuff).

6 Likes

Hi
I’m having issues with the speed of browsing on Roon. Network is fine and the Intel NUC is an I7 with plenty of RAM.
I’m also having issues with Tidal not connecting (says network error) but there are no network issues.
Any quick tips for resolving? The Cache is full of stuff which might be the issue ? Not sure what to delete or keep there??

It’s working well now, thank you :pray:

1 Like

Great work. It’s much appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m confirming that everything on my end is working properly.

1 Like

Please move my comment back to a separate thread. It’s been going on for several months before this issue so I don’t see any connection.
Thanks

That’s now done for you, @Richard_Parkin1. Apologies for the misunderstanding – I guess it got caught up in merging the threads related to last nights issues. Feel free to edit the subject line if needed.

Thanks, I thought that might be the case

Yes, probably I am the guilty party.
My apologies but Rene worked his magic and made it right.

Hey Gang,

I justed wanted to follow up on this for a moment. We were making an effort on Friday to move what appeared to be similar issue reports into this thread so that everyone would receive updates in one place.

However, if you feel that your issue report was merged to this thread in error, or if your issue still persists, please let us know. We’ll happily take a closer look at your problem and help you work toward a solution.

Thanks!

5 Likes

So what measures were taken to avoid this from happening again?

1 Like

Focus and the album, artist & track view were super fast on my core until I upgraded to 1223 (or maybe to the release before). Since then filtering the artist and track view (and focus) takes several seconds. The album view is still returning results quite instantaneously. Super annoying. On top of that instant search is just horrible, requests are frequently timing out or take 2-8s.