Roon Server randomly crashes on ROCK

Roon Core Machine

Intel Nuc 8i5, 128 gb SSD, 16 gb memory. ROCK 1.8 (903)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear 1gb unmanaged switch. Wired ethernet ROCK to Pi4 bridge running Ropiee XL 4.017

Connected Audio Devices

Pi 4 via wired Ethernet running Ropiee Xl 4.017, USB to RME ADI-2 FS dac

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon Server will randomly crash and restart on the ROCK. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it - sometimes it’s after an hour of playing sometimes it’s after several hours of playing. I have rebooted the NUC after last server update and it continues to happen.

Hey @Gerry_Hannochko,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re having connection problems with your Remotes.

Can you please update your Core, Remotes, and Roon Bridges to our latest build and let us know if this helps? Which remote/remotes are you using when you experience crashing? We’ll be watching for your reply.

Thanks. I have updated core, apps and bridges to 1.8 (913). I will note that the crashes have been happening several builds ago - probably around the time the original 1.8 came out.

I use an ipad air (15.3.1) to control roon.

I will let you know how the new build works out. G

Using the 1.8 (918) build it seems more stable - It ran for about 8 and a half days before the Roon Server rebooted or reset last night. Is there something I can check in the logs or see if the NUC is overheating or something? Thanks, G

erry

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.