Roon Server Reboots on its own

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Windows 10 I7 HP Laptop with SSD/Roon Build 537 Stable 64 Bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Netgear Orbi/Corethernet, endpoint is WIFI

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Auralic Aries Mini on WIFI USB Connection to DAC, Apple Airplay endpoints

Description Of Issue
The HP laptop that is running my Roon Core is spontaneously re-booting, mostly when the Core is running but no music is being streamed from Roon. When the laptop re-boots, I get a “Boot Device Not Found” message from Windows. I then re-boot the laptop with no issues and I can start Roon with no issues. The same thing happens again from 1 to 3 days.

The Windows logs show that the system is re-booting, but none of the applications logs show anything regarding the cause of the re-boot. Roon is the only application that I am using on the computer.

I understand that the problem could be with my computer, but I would like to determine if the reason that the computer is re-booting is due to Roon.

Thanks,
Alan

Hi @Alan_Sherman,

I would check Windows Event Viewer logs for more information, perform a virus scan and you may also want to perform a HDD integrity check. Roon runs in user-space so it is very unlikely that it’s being caused by Roon.

Sometimes a failed Windows update can cause this issue because it keeps re trying the failing update ever so often.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.