Roon Core Machine

ROCK on 8th NUC8i3. Working for over 2 years

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Hard wired to 8 Port Switch then to ASUS Router

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Bridge on RPi4

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Core cannot be found from Remotes. Status Screen shows System up, but Roon Software up time seems to show that it is continually rebooting.

Hi @Matthew_Sallman

If I’m reading this correctly when you view the ROCK status page you’re seeing that the Operating System is up and running, but the “Roon Server Software” is constantly restarting?

If that’s the case then please do the following:

1. Click on the down arrow next to “Restart” under Roon Server Software and select “Stop”
  2. Collect the logs from your ROCK using the instructions in our knowledge base
  3. Upload the zip file of your logs here: https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/collection/8i5239cc05950ac07456889838d9319545a82/external

@noris will take a look at your logs and be back in touch with next steps.

Just uploaded logs.

Since I had not heard anything and I knew there was a newer version than the 931 that I had, I went ahead and used the reinstall button on the web interface. It told me that it successfully ran. The Roon Software version is now 936, but the continual restarting continues.

Hi @Matthew_Sallman ,

Thanks for sending those log files over and for your patience while we’ve had a chance to review them. It looks like RoonServer was indeed restarting in those logs, and it looks like it was related to memory usage, but the reason for running out of memory is not entirely clear.

Since you sent the logs, I see that you also did a reinstall of your ROCK database, is the new database working as expected? Have the reboots stopped since then? Do you by any chance recall if you did anything right before the issue started last time?

I had been gone for almost two weeks. This started happening when I tried to bring it up for the first time after returning. It was not responding for a long time, so I powered the ROCK off and restarted it. It is possible that it was updating from 931 at the time, but I thought I gave it plenty of time. All is fine now.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.