Roon Server Software doesn't run / restart

Suggest you run Roon scheduled backups daily and keep 60. Then there will be little chance of loosing any changes to your database.

Hello @Helmut_Woehrer,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding your progress so far.

I have noticed that in the screenshot that you have posted, the “Database” folder is missing from inside the RoonServer folder and this is why the your edits have not been restored (that is the location of the database).

I believe you may have copied the Data folder after you have already reset-ed the database and the that is what you’re seeing here. This is what a complete save of the RoonServer folder should look like:

If you did not have that folder backed up from before the first database reset then unfortunately you will have to proceed from the last backup you have made, apologies I don’t have better news here.

As Lloyd mentions, creating scheduled daily backups from inside Roon is highly recommended if you make extensive edits to your database.

Just to be clear for any other users reading this thread – manually backing up the Data folder is not as reliable as performing a backup from within Roon

Thanks,
Noris