Roon server software is NOT running problem during installation of ROCK

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
NUC8i7BEK.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Orbi 50 RB router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Hello I am in the middle of installation of Roon Lab with NUC 8i7. I used the steps on the web and downloaded the ROCK software there.

It looked all good and I installed missing codec by placing “ffmpeg” file it into the rock/data/codecs folder.

ROCK shows that:

1. Operating System is OK and stable
  2. Roon Database & Settings are OK

BUT

1. Roon Server Software is NOT Running

and If I press the “Start” I got this message

Restart Error - Roon Server could not be successfully restarted. Please try rebooting, or contact support.

I did a new setup an got the same message.
Can you please help

Hi @Jan-Willem_Van_Rosse,

To start, can you share a screenshot of everything you’re seeing on the Web UI so we can take a look?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. My nuc was sent to the repairshop.
When I click on start to reinstall the software I get “restart error Roon server could not succesfully restarted. Please try rebooting or contact support”.
Rebooting doesn’t help either

I did a complete new setup. Now it is working!

Hi @Jan-Willem_Van_Rosse,

I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.