Roon Server Software is restarting frequently

I installed a new RAM and the error is again there. Placed it to another network connection and then it did an update to Server Build 610. Now it is playing music without interuption. It’s up now for 10h.
Placed it back to the old location and the error is again there. Frustrated…
But what I found out now: When I place the ROCK unit to my listening room it’s running without restart. Nothing changed - same PSU, same network cable. Checked another room - also OK. Back to my office room where al the IT is located - restarts. All network connections in the different rooms are connected to the same switch. The only difference: Cabeling to the listening room is max. 100MBit, switch directly is 1000MBit. Next what I will try is to insert an older 100Mbit switch.
Unbelievable but true.

Hi @Dieter_Achenbach,

Thanks for the additional info.

That is very strange indeed. Do you have anything else connected to ROCK when you had it in your Office room? Connected any extra storage device or audio devices?

Do let me know how the switch test goes.

No, there is all the time nothing else connected to the ROCK than the PSU and network cable. The only difference ist the speed of the connection.

Hi @Dieter_Achenbach,

If the switch doesn’t resolve the issue, can you send me two sets of your ROCK logs, one with the ROCK connected via the 100M cable and one via the 1000M cable? You can manually access logs by using these instructions.

:frowning: Same problem with a 10Mbit switch. The last thing I can try is to cut the pairs in the network cable which are not necessary for 1000Mbit network. Currently I placed it in another room with the same cable configuration as the listening room (100Mbit cabeling) and it’s running without problems.

1 Like

Hi @Dieter_Achenbach,

Give it a try, but if it doesn’t work, you can also send logs for review.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 353 days. New replies are no longer allowed.