Roon Server Software - Not Running

Hi,

I switched on my Nucleus this morning and saw in the Webinterface that the server software is not running. That never happened before.

So I restartet it, rebooted the Nucleus, rebooted my router, turned the Nucleus off and on again…no change.

According to the system status everything else is okay.

Any idea what else I could try?

And what happens when you click the “Restart” button in the web GUI?

If that does nothing, then perhaps try reinstalling the Operating System?

This should not affect the content of your Roon database or settings - but you could first try making a backup, just to be on the safe side…

When I click restart I get this message:

Roon server could not be successfully restarted. Please try rebooting or contact support.

A backup at this point is not possible. I only have access via the Web GUI. But that‘s not a problem, I made a backup only a day ago.

I‘m a bit scared of reinstalling, but it looks as if this is the only solution…

As I say, reinstalling the OS should not affect your database or settings. The Help Center article has this:

Reinstall RoonOS and RoonServer - Next to the Operating System section is a Reinstall button that installs the latest firmware available for Nucleus, even if you are up to date. This operation can take several minutes depending on your internet connection. This button will always reinstall the latest firmware, even if you are already running the latest.

• Reinstalling the software will not affect your settings or your Roon Database.
1 Like

I did it…and everything is okay and running!
Thanks for your help…and for encouraging me… :wink:

Best,
Mat

1 Like

Glad it’s back up and running. Hope it was just a passing cosmic ray flipping a bit that caused the issue in the first place…

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that everything is up and running (thanks Geoff :slight_smile:)! If you see any issues return please let us know and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.