QNAP - Roon Server = Stopped after update [Fixed in build 880]

Content:
grafik

I had no issue unpacking it. Comparison original versus compressed:

Well, that’s great for you, but mine won’t extract and I’ve tried a couple of different tools. So all I need to know is if the .zip is just a compress of the Logs folder.

Please see the picture of the content above.

Thank you - looking forward to hearing the solution.

hi, @robbbby. I had the same issue with the size of the log files archive. Try to unpack the downloaded file and then, zip it again. In my case, it helped (the volume of the archive was slashed by 10).

1 Like

Hello All,

Thank you for the reports and for submitting logs to us regarding this issue. We have just released a Hotfix (build 850) that can help with this behavior.

For those impacted by this, can you please try to update and let us know if you see an improvement? If you still have issues with RoonServer failing to start / local drives missing, please do let us know.

Full release notes can be found here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t connect to my Roon core on QNAP/QTS NAS after 1.8.846 update

All back to normal on a TS-251A-8G. About 45000 tracks are online again :grinning:
Thanks

1 Like

I installed the Build 850 on my TS-269 Pro, but unfortunately the endless loading Roon logo still appears.

Hey @Sven_Ehlers,

Could you please continue to help us as we narrow down the cause of this? Could you please share with me:

• the QTS version
  • any troubleshooting attempted (e.g. RoonServer package update, reinstall, etc.)

Many thanks in advance :pray:

1 Like

Hi Rebeka,
sure: Firmware is 4.3.4 1652.
I just updated the RoonServer package via the package button to build 850, which worked without a problem.
Starting the roon client, the endless loading Roon logo appears. This remains after rebooting the NAS.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Same for me, Although I am running TS469 PRO, which isn’t supported anymore.

Hey @Enough,

Thanks for chiming in. Could you please share the QTS and any troubleshooting steps you might have tried as well as the location of your library and the way it is connected to the Core?

1 Like

Qnap -TS-453B.
After problems with update 846, everything is now OK. Update 850 has brought back full functionality. There was a bit of confusion but finally the problem was solved for me.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t connect to my Roon core on QNAP/QTS NAS after 1.8.846 update

Hi @noris. It looks like a stupid question but I do not know how to update Roon 1.8 Build 850. Is there a link or something to download? My Roon Server do not detect that there is a new update available.

Go to menu then settings → about, you should see your core and update will pop up.

1 Like

Thank you, but which menu? There is nothing in the Roon Server’s menu (below)
Roon-core-menu

if you are mentioning the menu of the app and not the one of the Roon Server, I can not access the menu because ROON stops at the launch (eternal loading pictogram), which was reported, and apparently fixed with the new Build 850

TS-469L
QTS : 4.3.4 1652
after update to B850 still show STOP
nothing work after update :frowning:
please help

1 Like

grafik

1 Like