Roon server stops every ten minutes

Roon player stops every 5 minuts. I don’t have a HQ-player. Roon server is running on Mac Mini (M2-pro). And every end-point…(Naim Unity or Chord Hugo2Go or Chord Mojo2/Poly) now and then stops. Seems a server-issue…

Are you using the Mac Mini interactively or is it just a Roon Server? Might the macOS send the Mini to sleep after some minutes of no interactive input?

Is it after 5 or 10 minutes (the first post says 5 but the topic title says 10)? Is it exactly after this time (which might hint at some automated trigger like system sleep) or approximate guesses?

MMmmm, good idea (from Suedkiez). I am using the Mac Mini as server. I’ve tried it out, waited till the Mac went to sleep…Roon kept working. I listened undisturbed for over 30 minutes… So that doesn’t seem the problem. The strange thing is, this problem isn’t there for days…and then suddenly…Roon stops every 10 minutes. Totally random … memory usage is now OK (less than 3 GB). It was a lot higher when the problem occured (> 11 GB). That might cause a problem…

By the way, the Roon server doesn’t stop completely, it stops the playback. It can’t find the endpoints anymore for some minutes…and than the endpoints appear again, I hit the play button and it will work again for a minute or ten.

My server is connected to my router with ethernet. The endpoints use all wifi. Internet connection is fast and stable (Fibre with 1Gb).

Anybody any suggestions??
I’ll keep on trying.

If possible connect one of the endpoints by ethernetcabel and see what happens.

1 Like

Peter, you might have the same problem as we are working on here…

Thanks Andreas. I see it is in the hands of support now…

Hi @Peter_van_der_Maas,
Thanks for writing in to report this issue to us. From what your describing I think RAATServer has been crashing on you. The first trouble shooting step I’d like to try is refreshing RAATServer. To do that you can follow the below steps.

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder
  • Try to reproduce the problem; if it doesn’t reoccur restore your backup.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.