Roon Server too hard working?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
sonicTransporter i7 server (sT), OS Linux, with Roon Core and HQPlayer Embedded installed
SSD-disk 2T connected to sonicTransporter

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Connections are LAN from modem/router Arris TG2492LG-ZG and router Fritzbox! 4040 (for WiFi to iPad) using switch from D-link via server to streaming device

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
La Rosita Gamma HD with NAA microRendu

Description Of Issue
Hello,

Roon Server overworked?

This morning I saw the SSD drive light flickering. The sT seems hotter than usual so I took a screenshot of the CPU load and Roon Server Diagnostics. Never noticed this before. Is this without danger? Could something be wrong? What would happen if I choose in sT management page for restart Roon Server or should I reboot the sT?

Never saw so much activity.

Its analyzing for hours, when will it stop?

By the way, I can play my music without problems.

Thanks for reading and helping,
Bert Dijkstra.

Is this s new install and new library ?

How many tracks ? It can take days to complete analysis for a lot

Hello Mike,
No its not a new install/library and its about 33.000 tracks.
Yesterday Roon indicated that there were too many errors … so I removed the SSD. This morning I did a reboot with the sT and reconnected the disk. That always goes well, but now it has started to analyze with all its consequences. The analysis is now at the R … hopefully it will be over in a few hours.
I don’t understand why an analysis has to be made. That never happened otherwise.
I do have to mention that after the error message last night I changed the SSD drive for another drive with the copy of my music library. Fortunately, it was playable. I removed this one this morning where I saw that the LED was flashing. Maybe that disk was also analyzed but I didn’t check that.
I hope this procedure will not cause any problems for the sT. or the SSD.

Greetings, Bert Dijkstra.

The analysis is done to allow 2 things,

the graphical display of whats playing
and
Volume Levelling if you choose to use it

If you go to Settings Library you can see Analysis progress and adjust how many processor cores are being used to analyse

Thanks Mike, I see its almost done. I hope nothing will be harmed.

Hi @Bert_Dijkstra,

I suspect that the analysis was kicked off due to this:

When you swapped the SSD out, did you also leave the old one attached and still as an active “Watched Storage Location” under Roon Settings -> Storage? If Roon saw both storage locations at the same time, it is possible that it is picking up the duplicates and adding them as new database entries, see: Preserve Edits Guide

Has it completed since your community post? Are all of your edits there?

Hello Noris,

When I changed the drives only one drive was attached. The sT. can only see one drive so it is impossible to attache two drives and have them both working on the sT.
Happily it ended well and the sT. is running now with low temperatures and low CPU load.

Greetings, Bert.

1 Like

Hi @Bert_Dijkstra,

Thanks for the update! If you need assistance with any other Roon questions, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.