Roon Server Update - Multiple internal storage nested folders created - including media

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Following software update Roon never stops scanning internal SSD of NUC.

Multiple folders named ‘internal storage’ appear to have been created on SSD, including music file duplications - 600 CDs but reads thousands - Massive used size reported is impossible, so assume corrupt FAT.

Roon will work briefly while scanning thousands of files, then stops, has to powered off and back on, process repeats. Never finishes scanning internal SSD.

Nested multiple folders named ‘internal storage’ each containing a copy of my entire music collection.
This is physically impossible given the size of the SSD. 600 cds occupies approx 50% of 500GB SSD

Hi @Mark_Irish,

Can I please request that you send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via a shared Dropbox / Google Drive link, thanks!

Got impatient and ended up formatting internal storage, applying all library clean-up options, copying all music back across the network - deleting all previous backups. This solution appears to have worked, but I think I have lost all the customization of my library.

My Roon Rock has been running on an Intel i3 NUC with no obvious problems before installing the latest update. Note: The internal SSD was originally formatted and populated with music before fitting into my NUC, wasn’t a problem originally but possibly should have formatted the internal SSD via the Roon interface at the inception?

Hi @Mark_Irish,

Glad to hear you’ve been able to resolve the issue by reformatting the internal drive.

Do you by any chance have a Roon Backup of your database? If so, I would suggest to restore the backup.

Yes, the drive should have been formatted via the ROCK Web UI and only after music should be copied over.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.