Roon Server with MSB Renderer V2 Roon Endpoint and MSB Reference Transport Roon Ready

Hello @Jens_Petter_Johansen, @anon64655450, and @Lorenzo_Mutti,

We’re happy to say that the MSB Renderer V2 is in the final stages of Roon Ready certification. You can expect an update to enable Roon Ready functionality coming very soon!

-John

2 Likes

@ John… Great news. That means that I can put in my order for a new MSB dac and render. Is it the render that are getting certificated, regardless which MSB dac I use this in? I will be buing the MSB discrete dac… thanks

@john Thanks for letting us know. @Jens_Petter_Johansen Yes, it is the renderer that needs to be certified.

CERTIFIED yesterday

@support It still shows this (Not certified). The DAC has the latest firmware. What am I doing wrong?

Reboot core

I‘ve restarted the Innuos (Core) but nothing changed.

Reboot core, router and MSB

Hello @Lorenzo_Mutti,

Make sure that your DAC main firmware as well as your Network Renderer firmware are up to date. The main firmware is updated using the files located at the MSB support page.

The Network Renderer firmware is updated silently in the background. To update the Network Renderer firmware, power on your DAC with the Network Renderer connected to the internet, and allow the unit to idle with no playback for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes has passed, you should power cycle the unit. You will know that the Network Firmware has been updated when it shows in Roon with the name of the DAC (Select II, Reference etc.) instead of “MSB msb-renderer-mk2”. If this process does not work, I would recommend reaching out to MSB support.

-John

Plus pict of MSB dac is real…

@john Thanks for the advice.
The firmware has been up to date for some time (version 25.20). The Network Renderer is constantly connected to the internet. Now I switched the system off and on several times (waited over 20min), restarted the core x times. But nothing works. BTW: RAAT version 1.1.23 and core version on Innuos as shown on the screenshots.

The guys from msb are currently on vacation. Anyone else have an idea?

My system shows the MSB dac (not the renderer), it’s serial number, version is 1.28R and RAAT is 1.1.32

Maybe delete the MSB renderer in your system and reinstall?

Any firewall issues or ports closed on your network?

Yes, the system should display it the same way for me.
I have reinstalled the renderer several times.
There should be no problems with the firewall.

I meant reinstall in your Roon. Or at least disable and then enable your MSB.

Also if you have reinstalled in your dac, that eliminates another variable…(did u try a different slot on ur dac?)

In thinking more, it’s gotta be either a defective V2 MSB renderer or something with your Innous core.

Do u have another core to try?

Thanks for your help @G997

Yes, I also meant a reinstallation in Roon. I even tried another slot. And on your advice, I also switched the core to my MacBook to bypass the Innuos. But everything hasn’t helped so far. Now I hope that my renderer is not defective.

Reinstall firmware Can’t hurt

I‘ll try it.

Reinstalling the firmware didn’t work out either.

Everything is fine here. I can even control the DAC volume from the Roon app. Cheers. Happy new year. Armsan