Roon server (with ROCK) can not be found with Roon apps, it did response ping but Web UI was not available. After reboot, it get back to work

Symptom: Roon server (with ROCK) can not be found with Roon apps, it did response ping but Web UI was not available. After reboot, it get back to work.

Core machine:
CPU: intel J3160
DRAM: DDR3 8GB
System Disk: SSD 256 GB
Roon OS version: 1.0 (build 174) stable
Core version: 1.6 (build 401) stable 64bit

Environment:
a PC with samba server enabled as a storage connected with GbE to the Roon Server machine. The player a COS H1 DAC connected to the USB port on the Roon Server machine.

Log file:

Hi @Chorus_Chuang,

Thanks for the report. Just to confirm here, everything is stable again after the ROCK reboot or are you still experiencing issues connecting?

If you are still experiencing issues after a reboot, can you please note the exact local time (e.g. 12:51PM) of when you experience this behavior so that I have a time-range to look around in the logs when this issue occurs?

Also, can you specify what type of Roon Remotes you were trying to connect to the Core with?

Thanks,
Noris

Hi @noris

Thank you for asking.

1. Yes, everything is stable again after the ROCK reboot.
  2. The Roon Remotes when trying to connect to the Core:
    • MacOS High Sierra10.13.6: Roon Version 1.6 (build 401) stable (64bit)
    • Windows 10: Roon Version 1.6 (build 401) stable (64bit)

Best regards,
Chorus

Hi @Chorus_Chuang,

Thanks for confirming that things are stable again. If this issue re-occurs please let me know the exact local time so that I can check for any errors in diagnostics.

Thanks,
Noris

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.