Roon setup on mac and library scan on coctail audio X45

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

hello i am a new roon user .I instaled roon as core on my macbook air ( new to mac os also) and started the app . the first steps were easy as i did add my tidal acount and scaned my little library on the mac.
my stereo system has a coctail audio X45 cd player/streamer. Inside the coctail audio i have a 4tb hard disk with all my music. And the coctail audio in connected to my internet via ethernet cable
How and where in the roon app can i scan the music library on my hdd in the coctail audio X45?
Thank you in advance for your answers

If you navigate to the storage in the settings and click add folder there should be an add network share in the bottom left. Then you just have to add the details from there.

I have tried i but I don’t know what to fill in except the path

g

I just browsed to the correct folder ok my PC via the attached network device and copied and pasted the path. The username and password are whatever you use to access your NAS on your PC. Not sure what they will be for you. Mine defaulted to something like admin and password but required updates when I went through the NAS set up.

Could you please inform me step by step because i am new to Mac os ?
Thanks in advance

Sorry I have no idea. I do not use macs. Someone else may be able to help more than I can.

Hey @achilleas_konstantin,

It’s great to see you on the Roon Community! You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

After looking into the Coctail Audio X45, it does look like you’re able to connect via USB to your Mac core, which we always suggest hardwiring on any connection if possible.

Here is some additional information on adding folders by path:

With that, I assume you have user login credentials on your Mac - and those may be what you need to enter into the Username and Password fields on the “Add Network Share” screen. I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.