Roon setup on Mac OS Monterey (Macbook Pro with M1 Max CPU)

Roon Core Machine

QNAP NAS 672XT with i7 CPU

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS AX11000 Wifi6 Router, no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Sonos Beam (in group with 2x Sonos Play.1 + 1x Sonos Sub, Macbook Pro)

Number of Tracks in Library

7000 Tracks

Description of Issue:

Q1: I’ve set up Roon Core on my QNAP NAS and the Roon App on my MacBook which both worked fine - all songs have been detected and show up in the Roon App.

Also my Sonos devices show up but I can’t play anything on them (both Tidal and from my music database) - the Play starts (only visually, nothing is really played) and stops right away.

Also my Macbook is not detected as a Roon Player.

I have found the other thread about the same topic - so I’ve made sure to deactivate the iCloud/Relay feature - but this does not make any difference.

Q2: Will there every be a native Mac OS Universal App?

I’ve also made a short video - pls find here for download:

1 Like

Have you tried putting core on your MacBook? I am running Roon core server on a Mac mini m1, and access it with a MacBook i9 intel, or an iPhone.

Did you install ffmpeg?

I’ve done that a long time ago and it worked, that’s nevertheless not my intended approach as I don’t want to leave my Macbook running 24x7 as I already have a very powerful QNAP NAS with an Intel i7 CPU that runs 24x7

Was totally not aware this is an extra installation - …and indeed that solved it. Thanks again for the tip!

2 Likes

You mark my post as a solution which will aid in closing the thread

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.