Roon shut down after Roon runs 10~15 minutes [Resolved: Replaced Modem]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon version 1.7 (build571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Korea BTV network gigawifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Waversa wnas3 model.

Description Of Issue

Laptop or others have a problem of Roon shut down phenomenom after Roon runs about 10~15 minutes

I’ve changed a WIFI Modem 2 times, internal lan cable also and labtop computer to solve the shut down issue

But All change can’t be operatred at all.

What should I have to do to solve the problem of Roon shut down issue.

Hi @Hoe_Ku_Jung,

What kind of operating system is the Laptop running - is it Windows, Mac, Linux?
Does the crash happen each time before trying to access a specific screen?

Operating system of my laptop is a Windows and the crash happens just only runs Roon or other programs run at the same time. I think that there is no specific situation of the crash.

What should I do for this problem?
I’ve changed a lot of thing(labtop, desktop, modem etc) for solve this problem, but I can’t get a good result

When Roon is connected by phone hot spot, That problem didn’t happen. But this case isn’t connected other devices(DAC or other music device)

Please help for this problem.

Hello @Hoe_Ku_Jung,

Can you please use these instructions to send me a copy of your Roon logs? If you don’t have Dropbox / Google Drive / ect. just let me know and I can provide an alternate upload location.

Fortunately I could solve the crash that Roon shuts down after it runs 10 minutes.
I asked the operator who works for B Tv network company to change the modem from own company model to other models.
After that, any crash didn’t occur.
But I wonder why specific modem can make the crash that several weeks makes me distress.
Modem that makes trouble is a famous company model.
What should I provide a log file to you for solving the the problem?
If you want to receive data, I’ll give log data.
Thaks for your helps!

1 Like

Hi @Hoe_Ku_Jung,

I have yet to see a report where Roon crashes due to a modem, so this sounds like a very strange interaction/coincidence. In any case, glad to hear that swapping them modem out resolved the issue on your end!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.