Roon shutsdown while running

It worked perfectly until I received a message that updates are available for some of my devices and I clicked update all.

Roon version 1.5 (build 339) stable (64bit)
Window Home Server 2011 (64 bit)

Is it crashes in a loop ? Or just a single restart after pressing Update All ?

It worked after the restart. But then shutdown without notice. I tried to restart and it worked for a few minutes and then shutdown again. I uninstalled and then installed Roon again. But it didn’t solve the problem.

Can you try to disable Audio Analysis in Settings and let us know whether it still crashes ?

I turned off both. But it still crashes.

Thanks for giving that a try @Chun_Wa_Wong

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so we could get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

I just restart Roon again. Hopefully u can gather the required data to solve this issue.

Data is in. JFYI - we don’t officially support WHS 2011. Check out our spec requirements here

Thanks for your advise. But it worked well since my first day of Roon subscriptions till now (a few months). Anything I can do to resolve this problem.

We’ve got the logs. I’m seeing a crash but this error is too generic. It feels like a media related crash. Can you try to temporary disable this watched folder

\\192.168.0.101\media

If that won’t work try to reboot the machine.

It’s a NAS. I have tried to disable it before but it still crashes. Will try to disable it again.

It works so far. No crash this time.

Hey @Chun_Wa_Wong,

I just wanted to check in and see how things are going. Is the watched folder still disabled? If you enable it does the crash occur once more?

Thanks,
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

Thank you for your email. Sorry for my late reply as I was travelling.

I enable the watched folder again and it’s working now.

BTW, do you know if there’s any distributor in HK for your Roon Nucleus?

Thanks,

Ivan

Hey @Ivan_Wong1,

Glad to hear that it’s working now. Out distributor in HK is Radar:

http://www.radaraudio.com/about

If you have any questions please let us know!

-Dylan