Roon shuts down after starting

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ASUS Vivo mini PC.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Router Huawei-35 Sd connected to PC via WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.) Asus Vivo PC connected to Chord Qutest DAC via USB

Asus Vivo PC connected to Chord Qutest DAC via USB
Description Of Issue

Roon starts for 5 seconds or so and then shuts down. Happens every time.

1 Like

Hi @marius_lazar,

When you say “shuts down”, do you see any error messages? How far exactly does Roon reach before shutting down? Also, Can I please request that you send me a copy of your Roon logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive but if you don’t have either, just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Marius,

What OS are you using on the Vivo?

No error message. It fails to open and after 10 seconds it shuts down. Happens every time.

1 Like

Windows XP.

Roon needs Win 7 or higher.

Hi @marius_lazar,

This is correct, please see our Minimum Requirements:

• Intel Core i3, Ivy Bridge+
  • 4GB RAM
  • SSD boot drive
  • 1440 x 900 Resolution

Windows 7+ (10 recommended)

• OpenGL 3.0 support is required to run Roon.
  • Media Packs are required for Windows Server 2012 R1/R2, or Windows N/K/NK

Hello,
since I have purchased and installed Roon it worked just fine until a month ago. Ever since, every time I try opening it, it shuts down after 5 secs without any error message. Here’s copy of the link You requested. Thank You!
https://www.dropbox.com/transfer/AAAAAJx_gqKx5d3z-y4m3riZPSPzEjQnTu2Dh9jNeqFVn5JwyvlQJ5I

1 Like

@marius_lazar: It looks like the version of the .NET framework on your computer is out of date. Please download and install the .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime from here.

1 Like

Did what You suggested and Roon works just fine. ThankYou!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.