Roon shuts down on my PC

Hi,
In W8 compatibility mode, Roon as been living at least 24 hours and working fine. I just tried to put it in W10 normal mode, and it’s running… how long ?
Any news about logs ?

It won’t help though , I find files wont copy, import etc if they are over 255.

Certainly some software packages will grunt at big file names eg JRiver fails to import them. At leas it identifies them so they can be fixed . Fixing is often not too easy , I normally copy the files to a C:\X folder just to keep the path short while I edit the file or windows wont allow an edit

Certainly not best practice !

Hi @Eric_JARROUSSE,

I see that your ticket is still in the review queue for QA.
Have you removed this album from your Roon watched directory?
Is the system operational without comparability mode with this album removed?

Hi @noris,

As I told to the support in my last email, the system is operational in the normal W10 mode, on both PC. Nevertheless, nothing special as been done because I never received feedback from my last logs saying that a DLL may be the reason of Roon’s shutdown. This is for me a real question before puting a good amount of money in this software. Will Roon be stable, durabily ?

1 Like

Hello @Eric_JARROUSSE,

I’ve filed a ticket for QA to test the behavior of files with long names to see if we can reproduce this issue in the lab.

Thanks for letting us know that the system is stable now, if you run into any other issues, please just let us know and we can look into it further.

Hello @noris,

The DLL problem happened after resolving the problem (supposed problem) of the long name. That made me trying W8 compatibility mode, with success. So, I think, there are 2 différent problems.
Since, I returned in W10 mode and everything is ok.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.