Roon shutting down after 5 to 10 seconds

Core Machine Asus laptop quad core i7-7500u 2.7Ghz - 2.9Ghz; 16GB Ram; 64bit OS Win 10)
I use this machine as my core via wifi.

Network Details (Netgear cable modem CM1000 Docsis 3.0/3.1; Netgear Router Nighthawk X10 AD7200 R9000 1.7Ghz quad core processor 60Ghz 802.11 ad Wifi, 802.11ac quadstream plus 802.11ad wifi; 512MB NAND Flash and 1GB DDR3 SDRAM )

Updated my router to the latest firmware.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Nuwave DSD DAC via USB

Description Of Issue
Roon shuts down 5 to 10 seconds after boot up. I’ve rebooted my laptop several times and it keeps happening. Did a hard restart of my cable modem and router it didn’t help. My Cox data plan is 300 mbps down and 30 mbps up. Did a speed test on my desktop that is hardwired ethernet and I’m consistently getting over 300 mbps down and 31 mbps up. The router had the latest firmware.

Hi @Arnel_de_Jesus,

Was this machine working for you previously? If so, when did this start occurring for you? Were there any changes to your setup around that time (new devices, new albums added, Windows updates, etc.)?

Can you confirm how many tracks total are in your library and where your media is stored?

Yes, it was working before and there are no new additions hardware wise or software for that matter. The laptop is dedicated for streaming I don’t use it for anything else. My music library is 3.5TB on a WD passport external hard drive connected directly to my router, I don’t know the exact count of tracks at the moment sorry but I will find out.

Hi @Arnel_de_Jesus — I’ve sent you a PM

Btw, I took the WD drive off the router and Roon booted up fine. I connected it back to the laptop and it’s still working ok, so far so good.

I’m still having the same problems, thought it was fixed but it continues to shut down.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.