Roon skip tracks rapidly HELP PLEASE

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Win 7 x64 / current build music from HDD or Tidal

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Wired cat 6 network with a simple gigabit switch connecting all devices.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
see below.

Description Of Issue
Roon skips rapidly all tacks played on the core win7 (system audio output) machine and on a remote win 10 machine set on system output.

Needless to say both PCs have audio that works great otherwise eg YouTube or Media player it all worked great a few days ago.

It seems there were recent updates ??? to Roon…

Roon works fine on DACs and other remote audio devices.

John

PS Roon reinstalled on both machines. rebooted several times :slight_smile:

I would usually think skipping would be caused by some type of network issue, but it could also be the core running off an HDD if that is the case here.

IT WORKED ON BOTH PCS A FEW DAYS AGO :frowning:IT WORKS ON ALL OTHER NETWORKED DEVICES FOR PLAY BACK

WHat is the fix ???

Hi @john_marcus,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall on both Core and Remote.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

will do all you suggest and report back :slight_smile:

i disabled fire wall /anti virus on both with no changes. both roon.exe and raatserver.exe are running on the core machine in processes and on the remote roon is running as an app. running worknetwork/private

this worked fine a week or so ago :frowning:

all other devices play perfectly

next ?? thanks

win 10 remote now plays :slight_smile: no clue what i changed :frowning:
will fiddle more with win 7 core

1 Like

Hi @john_marcus,

Thanks for letting us know the Windows 10 remote now works!
Do let us know if you need further assistance troubleshooting the Windows 7 PC.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.