Roon Skipping 192/24 ALAC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Labs Optimized Core Kit Version 1.0 (build 174) stable
Roon Labs Server Software Version Version 1.6 (build 416) stable

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

NUC8i7BEH - EliteGroup Computer Systems Co., LTD

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Schiit Audio Gungnir 2 - Multibit - USB Gen 5 - Connected directly via USB from NUC817BEH Core

Description Of Issue

Roon is skipping m4a ALAC files encoded 192/24 using TraX DSD to ALAC encoding. Here are links to two files from albums being skipped. They are discovered and playable in iTunes.

Hi @Shane_Elliott,

Thanks for the report here. I am also unable to play these files on my end and I have submitted an inquiry with our QA team for closer inspection of the affected media files. I will be sure to let you know once I have any further info regarding this issue, thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi @Shane_Elliott,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

Thank you Noris,

Do you have some details you can share about the bug specifically? Additionally do you have a recommendation for what I can do in the interim?

Shane

Hi @Shane_Elliott,

There is not much more additional info that I can share at this time until the devs have had a chance to review these files. QA was able to play them via iTunes as you noted, but when trying to import them into Roon these two tracks showed up in the Skipped Files section of Roon and it is not clear what exactly is causing them to not be imported properly.

I would suggest converting these files to a different format such as FLAC in the interim. You can use Foobar2000 with the FLAC binary to perform the conversion and then they should import properly into Roon.

I will let you know once I have more info as to why the ALAC did not import into Roon, but it may be some time time until this ticket reaches the dev teams review queue.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.