Nucleus rev b

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Apple AirPort Extreme. WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Naim nd5xs2

Number of Tracks in Library

Qobuz streaming

Description of Issue

Plays a few seconds of track and then skips/cuts out. Then moves to next track and repeats. No issue if using naim streamer without Roon. Issue started today and everything worked fine last night. Updated to 1.8 today.

This seems like it may be a network issue, but possibly something else. Roon does not recommend Apple’s AirPort Extreme due to technical issues between the AE and Roon, but other users have been able to use it. Is your Nucleus connected via Ethernet cable to the AE or via WiFi? If WiFi, can you connect it via Ethernet cable and determine if the problem exists? Roon places a bit more load on your network which is why you may not see the same issues when streaming directly to the Naim device.

Using WiFi. I don’t have an Ethernet cable long enough to try. I haven’t had any problems until today. I ran a speed check on my internet service and it is normal.

This issue occurs for me when Roon is scanning for changes in my music stored on my NAS and I’m also playing music at the same time.

It appears to be working now. I believe it was an issue with the streamer or it’s software and not Roon.

1 Like

Michael, the speed test of your ISP is less important than the internal network traffic. That’s the bit to try to get solid. IMHO.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.