Roon skipping first few seconds when playing to Node 2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 dell xps15

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Glasvezel 100mb laptop draadloos -bluesound Node 2 bekabeld aangesloten.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

bluesound Node 2 - lyngdorf TDAI2200-

Description Of Issue

bij het instarten van een gekozen nummer begint de muziek te laat .
de eerste noot van de muziek is dus niet te horen en overderven gezegt begint de muziek terwijl het nummer al 3 seconden bezig is .

Translated original post for support team

@support

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 dell xps15

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Fiberglass 100mb laptop wireless -bluesound Node 2 wired connection.
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

bluesound Node 2 - lyngdorf TDAI2200-

Description Of Issue

When starting a song playback starts too late. The first note of the song is lost and -exaggerating a little here - the music starts whan the song is already playing for 3 seconds.

Ik heb het even in het Engels gezet en support geflagd (@support). Meer kans dat je dan een antwoord krijgt.

1 Like

Hi @Anita_Borst,

Does this behavior only occur when you select the Node2 zone or does it occur on other zones as well (such as “System Output” for example)?

How are you streaming to your Node 2, in Roon Ready mode? Does streaming via Airplay exhibit the same behavior?

Does this issue affect both local and streaming content or just one and not the other?

(Translated by Google)

Hallo @Anita_Borst,

Treedt dit gedrag alleen op wanneer u de Node2-zone selecteert of komt het ook voor in andere zones (zoals bijvoorbeeld “Systeemuitvoer”)?

Hoe stream je naar je Node 2, in Roon Ready-modus? Vertoont streaming via Airplay hetzelfde gedrag?

Heeft dit probleem invloed op zowel lokale als streaming inhoud of op slechts één en niet de andere?

it mainly happens when I select the Node 2 in the network. audio output on the laptop is direct.
bluesound node 2 from the laptop is good.

Hi @Anita_Borst,

Do you by any chance have any DSP turned on in Roon, such as Crossfade? Is the behavior the same with DSP turned off if so?

Also, can you share a screenshot of your Signal Path when this issue occurs?

It makes no difference whether I switch the DSP on or off. Delay is always present.
I never use crossfades.

Hi @Anita_Borst,

Can you please share a screenshot of your signal path when the issue occurs as per my last message? Does this behavior always occur or is it occurring only sometimes? If it occurs only sometimes, can you let me know the exact local time + date when it next occurs?

it always occurs!
every number I start myself!
when I play an album the next song is ok.
but when I start a song from an album myself, the first notes are not heard and it is as if you did not put the needle of a turntable on the beginning of the record.

Hi @Anita_Borst,

Thanks for posting those screenshots, it looks like the issue occurred at 12:15/12:25 on November 30th according to the screenshots. This is useful to note for diagnostics purposes.

I would like to try one other test here, can you please confirm if the same behavior occurs when using a USB connection the Node 2?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Yet another Qobuz problem

@Anita_Borst -
See if it helps to set your Qobuz res to CD quality only.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.