Roon skipping tracks in Tidal Masters Playlist

Core Machine (Mac mini, 2012 8g ram 2T ssd)

Trying to play the David Bowie Masters playlist, and Roon keeps skipping ahead after the first few seconds of the song to the next song, then the same thing happens again, and again. What gives?

Network Details ()

TP Link AC 1200 connected by ethernet to Mac mini, wi fi to Node 2i, and Node 2 and Pulse P300 grouped

Audio Devices: Bluesound Node 2i, 2 and Pulse P300 wi-fi)

TEXT GOES HERE

Trying to play the David Bowie Masters playlist, and Roon keeps skipping ahead after the first few seconds of the song to the next song, then the same thing happens again, and again. What gives?

TEXT GOES HERE

Hi @Stephen_Thompson,

Is this only happening for the David Bowie Masters playlist or other TIDAL content as well?

If you play to a different endpoint is there any difference?

Did this content work for you previously?

Yes, it worked previously. Playing a bowie album directly via BlueOS worked, will try it with Roon again now. So far so good. I recall it has happened before with playlists in Tidal via Roon. Seems like maybe there is something up with playlists? Doesn’t seem to be a difference based on end points.

Hi @Stephen_Thompson,

If this behavior occurs again, can you please check to see if other endpoints also exhibit this behavior using the same tracks? In the playlist, do any of the tracks you were having difficulties playing show up as “Unavailable”?

1 Like

I do end up with tracks being "not available) at times in my personal Tidal playlists, for some unknown reason. But not this time. The Bowie stuff all showed available.

Well, now it is doing it again, and with an album, not a playlist this time. Bowie, Heroes. And the tracks all show available. All units, blue sound Node 2i, Node 2, and Pulse P300, grouped, skipped tracks, then stopped altogether. Tried ungrouping, but the Node 2 will not ungroup.

Hi @Stephen_Thompson,

If you try playing to the Node 2 by itself, do you experience this issue? It sounds like the problematic behavior might stem from there and affect the entire grouped zone.

Will try that tonight.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.