Roon skipping tracks on Roon Ready hardware

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac mini (Mid 2011), latest version 1.6

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core wired to router, endpoint first wireless now wired (hoping this would help). Simple very fast fibre network with dedicated ASUS router.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Naim Nova

Description Of Issue

Recently I have moved from a microRendu connecting to a USB DAC (Naim DAC V1) to a Naim Nova which is Roon Ready. Problem is that songs start skipping (??) when being upsampled to 384 (or 192) every now and then. If I don’t upsample, skipping seems to disappear - at least that is what I noticed so far. Roon Core and network has stayed the same.

Hi @Jan_van_Gemert1,

Do you experience this with any other endpoints?

Can you share a screenshot of the signal path when streaming upsampled content that exhibits this issue?

Thanks Dylan. I restored the Naim to factory settings and set it up again, so far so good.

As the Naim upsamples in the sharc processor might be best leaving at standard resolution anyway?

Hi @Jan_van_Gemert1,

I’m glad to hear that things are working for you now! If you do happen to see this issue return, try disabling any DSP options and let us know if it continues to occur in that configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.