Roon Core Machine

Intel Nuc 8 i7 processor

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Nuc connected to Eero router, connected to Sonore Signature Rendu SE

Connected Audio Devices

DSD DAC Jr

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

When using Roon on Mac, I see the Rendu SE, select it. I also see my entire library. However, when I click play, it skips all the tracks without playing any sound. Connecting to Roon ARC plays my library just fine, including Qobuz.

Hi @Julian_Martinez,

Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of the team for having missed your request for support until now. I understand it’s frustrating to wait for a response and get nothing. We’ve prioritized this thread to provide much more prompt assistance from here on out and hopefully bring this problem to a quick resolution.

The team has taken a deeper dive into diagnostics from your account around the time of your initial report, and we’ve noticed network failures both within your network (remotes and endpoints dropping out) and from your network to the broader internet (Qobuz network connection failures). Roon 2.0 requires a constant internet connection and will tolerate less network instability than Roon Legacy as a result. Since we’re seeing general network connectivity errors in logs going back to before Roon 2.0, it’s possible that the update simply revealed network instability that had been dormant but unintrusive.
Given that Roon will skip tracks that have become unavailable due to connectivity, it’s likely that the symptoms you’re experiencing are a result of this simple network instability; your Core is unable to reliably reach streaming services, so it skips tracks it can’t play, defaulting to cached Qobuz content or local content it can reach immediately on the local network storage.

A few recommendations, as well as a few clarifying questions to help us continue troubleshooting:

• When you report that ARC connects fine, do you mean that mobile playback (outside your home network via 4G or 5G) is working? I’m seeing some port test failures in your diagnostics, so I want to verify that port forwarding is configured correctly in the Roon → Settings → ARC tab.
  • When you say that ARC plays local content just fine, is this when you are on home WiFi? Or are you referring to content you have downloaded to ARC?
  • DNS-related instability is a common cause for the symptom you’ve reported. I recommend switching your DNS server to Google or CloudFlare by following these instructions.
  • Lastly, I recommend you take a look through our Networking Best Practices to verify that your router and network hardware setup is configured properly for Roon and Roon Remotes to work.

We’ll be watching for your response, and thank you again for your patience.

I was able to get it to work properly. Thanks for the reply.

Julian

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.