Roon skips some tracks reproducible at the same position

Dear all,

I have some tracks in my Roon library where Roon skips playing at specific positions in the track to the next one. One example is Patience by Take That. Here playing skips reproducible at 3:05.

The screenshot shows that the track was analyzed. I already tried to re-analyze and re-scan the album. That did not help. I have a handful of other tracks in my library which show the same issue.

I am using the Rock version of Roon. The issue occurs on all endpoints (e.g. iMac and Bluesound Node 2).

For copyright reason I cannot not post the music file here.

The problematic files play correctly in other players (e.g. iTunes).

Anyone an idea regarding the reason of that issue?

Thanks

Michael

Hello @Michael_Kletzin,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. My first question would be do you by any chance have “Crossfade” on in your Zone Settings? Zone settings can be accessed by right-clicking the device next to volume control (“iMac” in your case) and selecting “Zone Settings”. On that page, does it say the “Crossface Time” is something other than 0 Seconds?

Still, this is some strange behavior and moving forward, I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core device a diagnostics report containing a set of your Roon logs will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers. I want to ask you if you can please reproduce the issue with the track(s) skipping once again and note the exact time that the skip occurs at (the local time in your country, not track time) and leave that as a reply here.

After you have done so and I can confirm that the diagnostics report with the timestamp has reached our tech team for analysis, I will be sure to update you on their findings.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

thank you for you reply.

Yes, I have enabled Crossfading. I set it to 7 seconds.

I just played the song again at 18:58 German time. I could reproduce the issue again.

Thanks

Michael

Hi Noris,

for testing purposes I have deactivated crossfading. In this case the song played till the end - without skipping. I have done this test at 19:26 German time.

Best regards

Michael

Hello @Michael_Kletzin,

I can confirm that the logs have been received by our servers and are in our tech team’s queue for review. I appreciate your patience here while our team reviews them and am hopeful that they can provide some more insight to what’s going on here. I will be sure to update you once I have more information.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @Michael_Kletzin,

I have had a chance to speak to the tech team and they wanted me to let you know that Roon detects silence during the analysis process, and will only fade to actual audio content, as mentioned on our Knowledge Base.

Most likely, Roon is working as expected here, but if you’d like to PM me a link to download the file we can take a closer look. If you do not wish for Roon to Crossfade, you can alternatively disable the option completely and that allows the songs to be played until their natural completion. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Noris