Roon skips tracks stops playing and loosing contact with audio device

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Time after time Roon skips tracks and looses connection with my Auralic audio device.

Could you provide a little bit more system information to help us help you?
Your equipment, your network etc.
As per the support template.

Also I know there was a recent firmware update from Auralic related to Roon problems.
Are you on the very latest Auralic and Roon versions?

1 Like

Not jacking this post but helping out here. Firmware versions could be a bit outdated.

Roon Core Machine

IntelNUC i7
Windows 11 Pro

Storage: QNAP TS-853A
Firmware: 5.0.0.0
CPU: N3160@1.6 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: WD6002FFWX-68TZ4N0 4x RAID 6
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2x RAID 1 Cash

Router: Asus RT-AC88U
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_81116-g709c838
AiMesh nodeds: Asus RT-AC86U 2x Ethernet
Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_81352-g9910ab0

Storage: Ethernet 1gb
Roon Server: Ethernet 1gb
Roon Remote: Windows Ethernet 1gb
Roon Remote: iPad WiFi
Roon Remote: Auralic Altair Ethernet 1gb

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Altair
Firmware 8.0

Windows running Roon with audio connections

Description of Issue

Time after time Roon skips tracks and looses connection with my Auralic audio decice

This post is also relevant…

1 Like

Hey @John_van_Beers thanks for reaching out about this. Looks like you’ve gotten some great feedback from others on this post (thanks everyone!). Auralic did recently release a firmware update (8.0) that has caused some issues with Roon. They are working to release an updated firmware to address these issues. We can still troubleshoot the issue you’re experiencing, such as the track stopping during playback, but first, we will need more information about your current setup.

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated! Additionally, please let us know if this happens with Local, TIDAL, or Qobuz tracks.

Hi Ashley, @Gijs_van_Beers was helping me out about the specs I will ask him if he sees some more missing details as described by you. Thanks for the post.

Hi all, here is the update. If I missed any important details please let me know.

Roon Core Machine

Build: NUC9i7QNX
BIOS: QXCFL579.0065.2021.0720.1820
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise (64 bits)
Version: 21H2
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
Memory: 16GB

ROON Server (NUC) - Ethernet
Storage QNAP TS-853A - Ethernet
Router: Asus RT-AC88U - Ethernet
AiMesh node: Asus RT-AC86U - Ethernet
AiMesh node: Asus RT-AC86U - Ethernet
Auralic Altair - Ethernet
Carbon - Ethernet
Network Switch - Ethernet
Network Switch - Ethernet

RoonApp - iPad - WiFi
RoonApp - iPhone - WiFi

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Altair - Balanced Audio
NUC - Toslink Optic
Carbon - Toslink Optic

Approaching 110.000 tracks

Description of Issue

Time after time Roon skips tracks and looses connection with my Auralic audio decice

1 Like

My apologies, @Gijs_van_Beers and @John_van_Beers, I wasn’t aware that this was the current set up information, my bad! Thank you for reposting that for me.

Do you experience any skipping of tracks with any other endpoint in Roon or is it just related to the Auralic Altair device? Are you able to test this out with any other device that you may have, such as playing to “System Output” on the Windows remote that you’re using?

Since the Auralic firmware is most up to date, it could be that this issue is pertaining to the firmware update issues that Auralic is working to fix. Can you confirm if this issue was brought on after updating to firmware version 8.0?

Hello Ashley,

The NUC, and the Carbon are Windows systems:

The Carbon
Realtek - Toslink to a CambridgeAudio DACMagic, Sterro Tulp to a Yamaha C-45 and a M-45

The NUC
Realtek - Toslink to a Pioneer VSX-917V.

I will keep track if this problem occurs on the Windows systems. Because I can’t recall this at this point.
Update: multi hour test, no problems at all Tidal and one collection mixed.

What I can confirm is that we are running firmware 8.0 on the Auralic.

Thanks, @Gijs_van_Beers and @John_van_Beers! I appreciate you keeping me updated.

I was able to see that Auralic released the most recent firmware update (Version 8.1) and was hoping that you could update the Altair to this firmware version and test again to see if the issue persists?

Thanks so much!

The firmware has been updated, it seems that the problems have been resolved.

Thanks for confirming that for us! I’m happy to hear that helped! :partying_face:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.