Roon Core Machine

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

Connected Audio Devices

Mobile phone (Android 12)

Number of Tracks in Library

About 3000 tracks.

Description of Issue

Hi,

I’m trying Roon using mobile data and connecting to a VPN server that allows me to connect to my home network. Roon works fine with this setup when I’m not home, but the problem is that Roon skips tracks when the connection is not reliable (for example, when driving my car). I would like to know if there is way to avoid Roon to skip tracks and just wait to get connection back and keep playing the same song at the same point, just as other apps do (Tidal app, for example).

Thanks in advance,

Alejandro.

1 Like

Currently, there is no way to avoid the skipping. You can add your vote to an existing feature suggestion if you wish though: Please make it NOT skip songs when “audio file is loading slowly” error occurs

You can also see that mobile streaming is planned, but no date when this feature will get released or comment if it will change Roon’s current behavior of skipping files when (temporarily) unplayable is given.

Alejandro, additionally the use of VPNs is not a supported confirguration by Roon due to the number of variables involved and other issues. If you continue to have issues, you may want to post in the Tinkering section where others have worked on VPN connectivity and they may have additional ideas.

Ok, thanks! Will do that. Hope there will be a solution any time soon.

Yes, I’m aware of that. If my mobile data connection is stable, it seems to work fine. But as I lose it, it starts to skip tracks and I guess it can lead to lose connection to the core as well. I understand that until VPN or mobile streaming is not supported there will be issues, but I wanted to try. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.