Roon slow to load and skipping tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

macOS Mojave / 10.14.6 / 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 / Roon Version 1.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Airport Extreme / Computer on Wifi but issue happens on Ethernet as well

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

All music is on the 1TB SSD on the computer.

Issue

This is the third computer I have tried to get to read iTunes playlists but doesn’t seem to work on any of them. On this latest machine, I am running Catalina. I imported the XML and iTunes imported all the playlists no problem. It also plays the tracks from the folder on my desktop that contains the music no problem. However, as you suggested I made a copy of the XML file located in the Music folder and copied it into the desktop Music library folder. (if iTunes has no problem with the music not being located in the main Music folder why would Roon?) I then made sure it was set to read playlist files and did a rescan. Still no go. To be honest, maybe it is time to leave this one alone. We have been at it since July and I feel like we are just going in circles.

Again my main issues are 10-15 minutes to load the program and the fact that it randomly stops playing all the time. Sometimes it gets stuck on just skipping tracks and not playing any of them. I really love your software and at this point, I have paid for it but I just wish it was less buggy. It never seems to work for an extended period of time without something not breaking or going wrong.

Anyway, I will continue to try and sort things out. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Marc_Gerrard,

Just to confirm, did this just start on the new Core? Have you experienced this on multiple Cores? Were there any changes to your setup around the time this started occurring?

Is it better that I start a new help request for all the player issues that I am having?

@Marc_Gerrard,

For clarity, I’ve moved some of your posts about this other issue to its own thread.

Moving forward, can you confirm the question from above about this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.