ROON Slowing Down Computer

I have recently started a trial of ROON and I love it. My computer, however, does not. When ROON is running, the computer slows significantly down, slow enough that it is not really usable. There is no problem with the playback, just everything else is slow. This occurs when playback is paused as well. I do not have this problem with JRiver or Tidal, both playing 16/44.1. I do notice that when ROON is up, there is a small blue circle in the upper right hand corner that keeps rotating, like something is trying to load. I have assumed that this is the automatic scan feature, I don’t know if it is supposed to be running like that all the time. I have tried to disable the auto scan function, and this just removes the disc from the library.

My computer is only two years old, and it is a pretty fast machine. I would love to get this resolved as I think ROON is fantastic.

Thanks
Gary

Roon performs an initial analysis of your audio files that is quite resource intensive. Click on that blue circle and you’ll get a window that explains what Roon is doing and the progress it has made. You can adjust the processor power dedicated to audio analysis in Settings under ‘Library’. Post back here if it seems like things are hung up, screen shots are always helpful. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @gdolin ---- Just wanted to check in with you and see how things are holding up. Have you made any new observations or progress here?

If further assistance is required, please drop me a flag ("@eric") and I will be glad to lend a hand.

-Eric