Roon soffware on my window pc cannot work

I’m using the windows version of room, but when I search for an artist, “loading artist …” is displayed all the time and it stops. After that, I start roon many times, but I am in trouble in the same situation. Please tell me how to deal with it.

Hey @Shigeo_Okado,

Ben with the support team here. First off, welcome to Community! We’re excited to have you here and also apologize that it was an issue that prompted your visit, and for the delayed response. We’ve made some recent changes to the support team structure and some reports have experienced a longer response time than usual.

After taking a look at your system diagnostics, it appears that you’re running older builds on a handful of your Roon Remotes. Before trying anything else, I would first try updating your remotes to the most recent build (952) and try searching for an artist again. Let me know if things work better for you there!

If you’re still running into issues, the next step would be to check your Firewall settings. Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

I know it’s been some time since you posted, so let me know if you’re still experiencing this issue, and if any of the above information helps! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.